Now that autumn is in full swing, there are so many great fall activities that you and your family can enjoy. This is the time year when temperatures slowly begin to drop (or quickly depending on what part of the country you live in) and we start to prepare for the winter ahead.
So, how can you make the most of the season? We have some fantastic ideas that can help you enjoy autumn to the fullest!
* Go Apple Picking -- There are so many fun fall activities and apple picking is high on the "must do" list and so many scrumptious things you can do with freshly picked apples. Not only is the experience of this type of outing is a great way to get what you'll need to make yummy apple based goodies and even gifts. Almost everyone loves apple butter and this delicious spread is great for co-workers, hostess gifts, teachers gifts, and much more! You can make fresh applesauce, apple pies, apple crisps, apple turnovers -- actually, there is even a website dedicated to apple recipes. Be sure to check it out.
* Visit a Pumpkin Patch -- Not only is a pumpkin patch a fantastic place to pick up pumpkins to make Jack O'Lanterns; this fall activity is also a fantastic place to pick up festive fall decorations. Items like straw bales, gourds, and corn stalks look great are easy to find at local farms and usually for a very reasonable price. There are usually animals to see, pet and sometimes even feed. Most Pumpkin patches also offer hay rides, corn mazes and some kind of pumpkin launching contraptions.
* Explore Fall Foliage -- Fall activites should always involve enjoying all that this great season has to offer. A wonderful day to do that is to take drive, hike or leisurely stroll and explore all the gorgeous colors of fall. Be sure to take your camera so you can capture some of your favorite scenes along the way.
* Rake up a pile of leaves and -- jump on in! If you have children they will LOVE this activity and it's a good way to get them to help you rake. Of course, it will take longer than if you just did it yourself -- but raking by yourself isn't as much fun. Don't let the kids have all the fun -- make sure to dive into the leaves too!
* Make some Fall Crafts -- There are a lot of Halloween crafts that you can make but don't forget about autumn themed decorations and of course Thanksgiving crafts! This Thankful Tree craft is a creative way for the whole family to write all the wonderful things they are grateful for.